Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Everyone's Golf Swing is Different

I haven't been skiing since Sunday.  I don't think I'll ski anymore this season.  I'm going to miss skiing.  I find I discover some rather profound things while I ski.  I can't seem remember many of them but here's one I do recall.

Everybody has a different Golf swing.  How far you hit a golf ball is about how much force you can get to the ball at the point of contact.  Skiing is about one thing and one thing only.  The amount of power one can transmit efficiently between your body and the snow.  In skate skiing this is accomplished through double poling and leg push.  How much power and how efficient that power gets to the snow depends on your swing.  Golfers are always working on their swing.  I should work on mine too.  Swing swing swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment